Friday, July 21, 2006

A new post... a new day... still as full of God's grace.
I went on a personal retreat today... it was filled with a time of prayer... thinking over my life... self examinaning questions... thought provoking answers.

"I, I am He who blots out your tansgressions, for My own sake I will not remember your sin." Isaiah 43:25

"I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more." Jeremiah 31:34
"It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour, while the sun's light failed. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Then Jesus calling out with a loud voice said, "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit!" And having said this he breathed His last." Luke 23:44-46


Those first two verses are possible because of what Jesus did on the cross! We are complete sinners in need of THE complete Savior! Because of Jesus perfect obedience in taking on human flesh... living a perfect life... then taking all of God's wrath reserved for our sin, we can now enter into His presence. 'And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.' That curtain was a huge thick curtain... but what was behind it was the 'holy of holies'. The curtain was torn in two... Jesus made it possible for us to enter into that covered by the blood of Jesus Christ!

"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water." Hebrews 10:22

Our God is completely Sovereign over all of our lives... He knew before time and while He died on the cross of all we had done and what He was going to do and did for us! He thought of you when He died on that cross... He knew each and every one of us. He felt our pain... He experienced it all. So now, we can enter in with full assurance!!! Our hearts are sprinkled clean! Oh, to know that our evil hearts are clean by the blood of the perfect lamb of God!! To know we no longer have to deal with guilt (an evil conscience) because of what Christ did! He died, was was crucified and now because of His death, we live again!!

"Oh the depth of the riches and widom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and how inscrutable His ways." Romans 11:33

Why He did it was a mystery... but we do know that He did it for His own glory... and for our good!! What a loving God!! We did not deserve anything but the complete wrath of God and hell for all eternity. But we live! We breath through the Spirit in us! We will live in Paradise with our Father forever! He is Sovereign over all!!!

Living life knowing I, a complete sinner, have THE complete Savior!

dell

14 comments:

Andrew said...

Amen!

Good post.

PS. Are you Sweet Lily? Somebody left a post that said 'Sweet Lily' and It sounded like something you would say... but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing that with us dell. way to re-preach the gospel!

speaking of which, it IS awe-inspiring, isn't it.

Tai Sophia said...

Nice Dell - I always like your posts! I was just going to say something else, but I completely forgot it...so ttfn!

~ME

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about???

Is it about that God guy???

I don't know who he is

Andrew said...

Well you should get to know each other. :)

Delian said...

hehehe... except 'nobody person' could be anywhere in the world! lol.

I'm talking about the Holy Sovereign God who created the world, then when man sinned against Him was still willing to be our God... He is perfect, unchanging... completely loving... yet hates sin and therefore since He is a holy God we cannot enter into His presence... HOWEVER... God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ to come to earth... live a perfect life... then die on a cross taking all the wrath of God meant for our sin upon Himself. He loved us enough to do that... so now, all we have to do is believe in Him and trust that He did die for our sins and we will be able to live in Heaven with Him for eternity. He makes life worth living and dying is no longer something to be afraid of (for those who do believe in Him). He has saved me from eternity in hell... He has transformed my life by His spirit working in me... I love Him because He first loved me. And even when I continue to sin in rebellion against Him (which is stupid huh?) He still diciplines me... loves me... and grows me!! I can face death in the face and not be afraid of it becuase I know with all of my heart that I'm going to a better place... that I'm going to see my Father in Heaven... I will be in pefection. I will be made new (as in I will be perfect as well) and all my tears will be wiped away... no more pain or sorrow... eternal joy... peace... excitment... love... and it will last forever!! never another boring minute! YAY! ;).

I wish you knew Him... and I will keep telling you about Him... He is the greatest joy in life and He is our forever peace in Heaven!!

overthinker said...

Hey nobody person,
Everything Dell said is true. So know you know a little of what God is....if you really want to know about this stuff...
try to find a Bible. Read the book of John. (an NIV or ESV version is easier to understand than the King James) John is the 4th book in the New Testament. It explains alot.

keep asking questions. we're always glad for a chance to talk about Him!

Anonymous said...

where can I get a bible?????

or whatever its called??

Delian said...

Anywhere... is there a christian bookstore around? Or even a barnes and noble will have some! Stores online ect.

The Bible would be a great idea if you want answered questions... praying is also a good idea.

Tai Sophia said...

Hmmm...those first three selections from your Bible seem familiar...MAYBE you read them on Sunday?!
haha

YC06 - 9 days *woohooo*!

mattea kiriel said...

So true Dell....about the whole God "thing"...I might have to print it out so I can look at it every so often.

Anonymous said...

if you have any christian friends, they might be able to help you find a bible. which is God's word to us, so that's why it will help you understand Him. :)

Andrew said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

don't have any friends